We offer a wide variety of group classes to meet most training goals. No matter what your dog's age is, it's never too late to get a start on good behavior.
Photo by Peggy Turbett Photography
Puppy Socialization and Training - Puppy PLUS
PLUS stands for Puppies Learning Useful Skills. Puppy PLUS is different from traditional puppy classes:
- Open enrollment. You can start any week and continue for six consecutive weeks.
- Real world application. Each week, the session culminates in a simulated real world scenario so that you can practice and apply the skills you're learning in situations you'll encounter.
- Each of the self-contained weekly lessons is designed to address socialization, skills and the value of calm behavior and self-control for your pup!
Puppy PLUS is a six-week class and costs $135.
Mind Your Manners series of classes are our core training curriculum (for dogs 5 months and older):
- Mind Your Manners 1: Foundations is the entry point dogs who haven't had much in the way of formal training; and for puppies who have graduated our Puppy PLUS program.
- Mind Your Manners 2: Intermediate building on the Foundations class and builds reliability and responsiveness. Strong emphasis on leash manners.
- Mind Your Manners 3: Certification is our advanced household manners class. If you want to be sure you and your dog are a great team, welcome anywhere you go, this is the class for you. Focus is on preparing you to test for AKC's Canine Good Citizen (CGC) or APDT's Canine Life and Social Skills (CLASS) certifications.
All levels of Mind Your Manners are six-week classes and cost $135.
Got the basics but need a little work on a specific skill? Each of our special skills classes focuses one important behavior.
- Leash Manners: Become a great walking team and enjoy your outings together.
- Come When Called: Critical to your dog's safety, a reliable recall really is achievable.
- Visitor Greetings: For those over-enthusiastic greeters who just can't help themselves from mugging visitors.
All Special Skills classes are four-week classes and cost $100.
Specialty and Recreational Classes
We celebrate the fun of having a dog in your life. These classes are fun for both ends of the leash!
- Rally Obedience: Put that household manners training to work on a fun and ever-changing course. Rally Obedience is a six-week class and costs $135. Keep the fun going by continuing on for successive six-week classes.
- K9 Nose Work: Letting dogs do what dogs do best! Great partnership between dogs and humans. All levels of K9 Nose Work are six-week classes and each builds on the one before. The Introduction to K9 Nose Work costs $150 and includes an Odor Kit. All successive classes cost $135.
- Tricky Powwow: Train foundation skills and put them together to create fun and confidence-building tricks with your dog. Tricky Powwow is a six-week class and costs $135.
- Therapy Dog Preparation: Want to help others and spend more time with your dog? Therapy work is so gratifying for you and your dog. Therapy Dog Preparation is a seven-week class. The final class is a visit to a facility, such as a nursing home. The cost is $150.
- Outdoor Adventures: Offered only in the summer, this class helps you and your dog practice good public skills and have fun, too. Outdoor Adventures is a five-week class and costs $125.
For dogs 5 months to 2 years of age who have trouble finding the "Off" switch. This class teaches impulse control for the dog and gives you skills to work through the Terrible Teens successfully. Teenage Terrors is a six-week class and costs $160.
Chill! for Reactive Dogs
Please visit our Chill! page for more information.